We Currently are recruiting for a number of roles if you would like to be part of a dedicated team focused on delivering the best results for our clients we would love to hear from you.
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Whelan Accountancy, based in Dublin Hill, Cork, is currently recruiting for a Senior Accountant to join their practice.
Whelan Accountancy offers clients tailor-made accountancy and business consultancy services to suit both start-ups and established SME’s. Their mission is to help their clients achieve success by ensuring personalised attention and a commitment to service. They pride themselves on customising their services to each company’s needs. These services include cash flow management, bookkeeping, annual accounts, payroll, business planning & development, stakeholder management, tax & CRO filings, and board services. The successful candidate will be a senior accountant who enjoys a client-facing and varied General Practice role which will be heavily focused on providing business advisory, accounting, audit, and tax services. You will be working with a client base spanning many sectors, and you will also be managing the staff within the practice and providing mentoring, advice, and support to more junior accountants.
You will ideally have a broad range of experience across accounting and financial management along with an ambition to develop your career.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Full cycle client management across accounts, tax, and audit
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual management accounts detailed reporting of monthly financial results for discussion with clients and Partners.
Assisting in the Budget Management of clients’ businesses and reconciling same with performance.
- Preparation of annual, quarterly, and monthly forecasts, reporting key variances, and highlighting key features.
- Preparation and completion of company audits.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with clients and managing client expectations and business competition.
- Providing advice to clients on tax planning and efficiencies.
- Assisting with and managing ad-hoc projects, as required, to support existing services and processes as well as addressing developments and proposals.
- Participating in enhancing the reporting system to communicate financial performance and results to clients in a timely and relevant manner.
- Review business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Co-ordinating, managing, and leading the practice’s team
- Developing junior staff, providing support, guidance, and mentorship as required.
Successful candidate requirements
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CPA or equivalent)
- 8+ years relevant Post-Qualification Accountancy experience
- The right to live and work in Ireland
- Highly organised with the ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritise work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail with exceptional numerical, logical, analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to make educated decisions
- Self-starter with a mature and responsible attitude and an ability to use own initiative.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, as well as good leadership and management abilities
- Positive, team-orientated focus with experience managing a team
Experience with various IT systems, advanced excel skills, and a solid understanding of accounting software
Job Type: Full Time, 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Job Location: Cork
Salary: €65K – €95K DOE